Our process and pledge
Congratulations! You’ve made your first step toward better health and wellness! After you’ve made an appointment, I email you an intake form that asks simple questions about your goals, usual eating patterns, and health history.
Everything we do together is tailored around your goals and needs. I coach you through the process of changing what and how you eat, but also guide you through the whys of each change. You never make a change you’re not comfortable with. We work together without guilt, judgment, or shame about food choices or body image.
We promise to guide you through nutrition changes with respect, non-judgement, and support. We honor your health history, goals, needs, lifestyle, and mental health. We never sell you supplements, oils, pills, or shakes. We keep our business free of conflict-of-interest to make sure your interests come first.
Real Nutrition accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna, and PacificSource. Call your insurance provider to check if your plan covers nutrition service. Your visit may be covered at no cost to you!
Ask your insurance company:
- Do I have nutrition benefits?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits?
- Does it matter why I see the dietitian?
If an insurance claim is filed, but denied, you will be responsible for the full price of the visit.
$125: 60-minute nutrition consultation (due at time of service)
$500: Athlete package
$50: Body composition scan
Healthy Changes packages: contact me for details
Package details under the “Pricing” menu at the top of the page
Payments are due at time of service. Prompt-pay rates are listed above. Payment billed/received after time of service are billed at a higher rate of $253 for an initial 60-minute consultation, or $209 for a follow-up 60-minute consultation.
- "It is difficult to put into words how much Marisa has positively impacted my life. After speaking with several nutritionists, she took me in, listened to my emotional breakdowns, emailed me after hours to answer my random late-night questions, and was a consistent rock of information in my life (and still is). She knew how to speak to me in a language that I could understand and appreciate while backing it up with current, scientific studies that I needed to hear. My understanding of how nutrition fits into my life has greatly increased, as well as my physical and emotional health. Among all of these things, she was accommodating logistically, responsive, and malleable to meet my needs with scheduling and other sometimes annoying processes; she navigated these with ease. I can 100% say that not going to her would have been a great disservice to myself and she has my utmost respect and highest recommendation, always."
- I'm a local runner and wanted to get advice for diet and training purposes. Did an online search for local nutritionists and found Marisa. Scheduled an appointment met up and was very happy with her presentation and care she provided. I'm currently doing much better health wise and made improvements on my recent metobolic panel blood work results during my annual physical exam. I'm also a stronger runner as a result of advice and feedback provided.
- I met with Marisa for diet and nutritional advice that would allow me to be active and get results while working 60+ hours per work week. Previously, I tried diets such as Keto and Advocare plans with no success. Marisa gave me great information on how energy and carbs work, appropriate food choices, and a daily plan for calories and macros. Since implementing, I've had a lot of energy to have great workouts, lost 6 lbs, without the need for supplementation. I fully recommend working with Marisa for nutritional advice.
- J.W."I've seen Marisa Michael as a dietitian several times over the past 6 months. I always feel glad I've met with her. She is very helpful, knowledgeable & understanding. I love the meal plans she makes for me. She works with the parameters I need (I don't want fancy, complicated recipes, just quick & simple ideas). I would recommend her to anyone!" ~J.W.
- I found Marisa Michael's nutrition workshop for dancers absolutely wonderful. She had the dancers write down a nutrition question beforehand and for her to review before the class. She was very engaged with the students and was extremely well prepared and thorough. There was involvement with the dancers from the get go so they felt it was for and about them. Ms. Michael talked about the topic of eating disorders with grace and authenticity. A difficult subject to bring up in the dance world but she handled it with great skill.I would recommend Marisa to all athletes and dancers as a go to person that really understands the nutritional needs of such active young people.~Nancy Davis, Artistic Director, The Portland Ballet
- Marisa Michael’s body composition scan is really interesting and gave me a lot of insight. I was able to see my muscle and fat via ultrasound and compare it to how my body will look in a could months, after marathon training. She’s helped me immensely with my diet during my training. Before I met with Marisa, I had no idea what proper nutrition looked like for a marathoner; now I know how to eat properly to fuel my body for training and recovery.