Our process and pledge
Congratulations! You’ve made your first step toward better health and wellness! After you’ve made an appointment, I email you an intake form that asks simple questions about your goals, usual eating patterns, and health history.
Everything we do together is tailored around your goals and needs. I coach you through the process of changing what and how you eat, but also guide you through the whys of each change. You never make a change you’re not comfortable with. We work together without guilt, judgment, or shame about food choices or body image.
We promise to guide you through nutrition changes with respect, non-judgement, and support. We honor your health history, goals, needs, lifestyle, and mental health. We never sell you supplements, oils, pills, or shakes. We keep our business free of conflict-of-interest to make sure your interests come first.
Real Nutrition accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield and PacificSource. Call your insurance provider to check if your plan covers nutrition service. Your visit may be covered at no cost to you!
Ask your insurance company:
- Do I have nutrition benefits?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits?
- Does it matter why I see the dietitian?
If an insurance claim is filed, but denied, you will be responsible for the full price of the visit.
$175: 60-minute nutrition consultation (due at time of service)
$675: Athlete package
$50: Body composition scan
Healthy Changes packages: contact me for details
Package details under the “Pricing” menu at the top of the page
Payments are due at time of service. Prompt-pay rates are listed above. Payment billed/received after time of service are billed at a higher rate of $274 for an initial 60-minute consultation, or $253 for a follow-up 60-minute consultation.
- Elizabeth M."You have helped me so much. I had been to a nutritionist in the past and he possibly had the same credentials but he just wasn't a good fit for me. I appreciate you have taken the time to listen to my lifestyle and needs and in less than 3 months made it so I no longer take my BP (blood pressure) meds." ~Elizabeth M.
- Erica A.I previously worked with a dietician on intuitive eating and gentle nutrition but found myself needing more specific support for proper hydration and nutrition during endurance training. Marisa was thorough and provided specific recommendations in the first session that I was able to test out right away. My follow-up appointments were focused on dialing in my hydration and nutrition even more, based on how my training was going with her initial recommendations. Marisa exceeded my expectations. She was professional but also so enjoyable to talk with and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for nutrition support!
- "As someone recovering from an eating disorder, working with Marisa kickstarted the process of breaking down long-term negative thoughts and emotions I had about food. Marisa helped me identify certain thought patterns as “eating disorder” thoughts which helped me rise above deeply ingrained ways of thinking. By working with Marisa, I learned how to trust my body to try, and subsequently enjoy, different foods. I have since slowly started the process of intuitive eating and am on my way to being a better human because of it. I know I could not have started this process without Marisa's help!” - Kennedy
- D.S."I would highly recommend Marisa Michael from Real Nutrition. I have been a client of hers for almost 2 months at weekly visits due to my needs! She has been so helpful for me to learn things about myself and my nutrition habits and how to work on correcting them. I have seen many other nutritionists, but none have been as hands-on as I was wanting until I found Marisa. She is very knowledgable and patient with me. She goes the extra mile when it comes to her clients' health and nutritional needs. I am so happy and lucky I have her to help me with my nutritional goals. She is the best nutritionist I have ever seen and would recommend her to anyone who is needing nutritional advice, help, or guidance." ~D.S.
- I found Marisa Michael's nutrition workshop for dancers absolutely wonderful. She had the dancers write down a nutrition question beforehand and for her to review before the class. She was very engaged with the students and was extremely well prepared and thorough. There was involvement with the dancers from the get go so they felt it was for and about them. Ms. Michael talked about the topic of eating disorders with grace and authenticity. A difficult subject to bring up in the dance world but she handled it with great skill.I would recommend Marisa to all athletes and dancers as a go to person that really understands the nutritional needs of such active young people.~Nancy Davis, Artistic Director, The Portland Ballet
- "It is difficult to put into words how much Marisa has positively impacted my life. After speaking with several nutritionists, she took me in, listened to my emotional breakdowns, emailed me after hours to answer my random late-night questions, and was a consistent rock of information in my life (and still is). She knew how to speak to me in a language that I could understand and appreciate while backing it up with current, scientific studies that I needed to hear. My understanding of how nutrition fits into my life has greatly increased, as well as my physical and emotional health. Among all of these things, she was accommodating logistically, responsive, and malleable to meet my needs with scheduling and other sometimes annoying processes; she navigated these with ease. I can 100% say that not going to her would have been a great disservice to myself and she has my utmost respect and highest recommendation, always."