Our process and pledge
Congratulations! You’ve made your first step toward better health and wellness! After you’ve made an appointment, I email you an intake form that asks simple questions about your goals, usual eating patterns, and health history.
Everything we do together is tailored around your goals and needs. I coach you through the process of changing what and how you eat, but also guide you through the whys of each change. You never make a change you’re not comfortable with. We work together without guilt, judgment, or shame about food choices or body image.
We promise to guide you through nutrition changes with respect, non-judgement, and support. We honor your health history, goals, needs, lifestyle, and mental health. We never sell you supplements, oils, pills, or shakes. We keep our business free of conflict-of-interest to make sure your interests come first.
Real Nutrition accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna, and PacificSource. Call your insurance provider to check if your plan covers nutrition service. Your visit may be covered at no cost to you!
Ask your insurance company:
- Do I have nutrition benefits?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits?
- Does it matter why I see the dietitian?
If an insurance claim is filed, but denied, you will be responsible for the full price of the visit.
$150: 60-minute nutrition consultation (due at time of service)
$575: Athlete package
$50: Body composition scan
Healthy Changes packages: contact me for details
Package details under the “Pricing” menu at the top of the page
Payments are due at time of service. Prompt-pay rates are listed above. Payment billed/received after time of service are billed at a higher rate of $253 for an initial 60-minute consultation, or $209 for a follow-up 60-minute consultation.
- Working with Marisa was really helpful for me. I was able to let go of my anxiety around food and body image and instead focus on establishing consistent healthy habits that help me feel good. I went from constantly worrying about my body size, my weight, and what or how much I was eating to feeling calm and peaceful and enjoying a positive, happy relationship with food. Marisa is very positive and encouraging. She helped me to make long-term changes, including establishing regular exercise routines, increasing my awareness of my body’s needs and signals, and making time for healthy eating a priority. She was great at giving me small, “do-able,” concrete assignments and then providing accountability and feedback. She also helped me evaluate what was working and not working for my body and how to set goals and make decisions based on what worked for me. She has a thoroughly sane and sensible approach to the highly-charged topics of weight loss, food and exercise. I highly recommend her. ~Karen
- Kristi T.CLIENT
"Although I exercise regularly, I struggled to "get my body back" after delivering my fourth baby. After 3 years of trying to do it on my own, I decided it was time for professional help. I had been following Marisa's Instagram feed for a while and was impressed by the reasonable, scientifically proven nutritional information she posted. I also appreciated that she is a certified personal trainer so I felt confident that her dietary advice would take into account my level of activity and physical fitness. Our consultation together was immensely helpful. She explained how to augment my eating/exercising regimen in order to reach my goals and walked me through what a realistic caloric intake should be for my personal circumstances. After consulting with her, I feel confident that I now have the information I need to push through my previous obstacles and start seeing some results!"
- L.A."Marisa met with my son, a high school athlete, who needed support understanding what his diet needed to be in order to stay healthy, gain muscle mass and endurance, and eat for optimal performance. She thoroughly evaluated every aspect of his diet and nutrition habits, and provided a lot of resources for my son and our family. I highly recommend Marisa for athlete nutrition!" ~ L.A.
- D.S."I would highly recommend Marisa Michael from Real Nutrition. I have been a client of hers for almost 2 months at weekly visits due to my needs! She has been so helpful for me to learn things about myself and my nutrition habits and how to work on correcting them. I have seen many other nutritionists, but none have been as hands-on as I was wanting until I found Marisa. She is very knowledgable and patient with me. She goes the extra mile when it comes to her clients' health and nutritional needs. I am so happy and lucky I have her to help me with my nutritional goals. She is the best nutritionist I have ever seen and would recommend her to anyone who is needing nutritional advice, help, or guidance." ~D.S.
- I found Marisa Michael's nutrition workshop for dancers absolutely wonderful. She had the dancers write down a nutrition question beforehand and for her to review before the class. She was very engaged with the students and was extremely well prepared and thorough. There was involvement with the dancers from the get go so they felt it was for and about them. Ms. Michael talked about the topic of eating disorders with grace and authenticity. A difficult subject to bring up in the dance world but she handled it with great skill.I would recommend Marisa to all athletes and dancers as a go to person that really understands the nutritional needs of such active young people.~Nancy Davis, Artistic Director, The Portland Ballet
- Dana E."Marisa Michael put together a fantastic workshop. She came with slides, handouts, and even food to taste. We wanted a fun, interactive experience and this was it. The members of the group were quickly brought together in a discussion around what is a healthy lifestyle, how does fitness and nutrition fit into our lives, and how to enjoy mindful eating. We got to try different foods and...learn about making healthy, quick, and tasty meals to improve our health. The group had some specific requests for the workshop and Marisa came prepared to help everyone learn and connect with one another as well. She was available for questions afterwards and inspired complete cooperation from this diverse group of adults. We hope to hear from her again." ~D.E.