- This last fall our middle/high school NICA mountain bike team partnered up with Real Nutrition to have several workshops for our athletes through the practice season and into our competitive season. It was a game changer for our athletes! They received nutrition and hydration information in a workshop format that the athletes received in a more positive and useful way than having coaches casually discuss nutrition at our workouts. As the head coach for LOC MTB I appreciated the way Marisa could conduct the workshops to be understanding & helpful for our age-range of athletes. It was fun and educational, and our coaches came away with a plan to keep nutrition in the forefront. This focus on nutrition resulted in our best year yet in performance improvements for the entire team. Thanks Marisa and Real Nutrition! Doug Cousineau ~ LOC Mountain Bike Team
- Kristi T.CLIENT
"Although I exercise regularly, I struggled to "get my body back" after delivering my fourth baby. After 3 years of trying to do it on my own, I decided it was time for professional help. I had been following Marisa's Instagram feed for a while and was impressed by the reasonable, scientifically proven nutritional information she posted. I also appreciated that she is a certified personal trainer so I felt confident that her dietary advice would take into account my level of activity and physical fitness. Our consultation together was immensely helpful. She explained how to augment my eating/exercising regimen in order to reach my goals and walked me through what a realistic caloric intake should be for my personal circumstances. After consulting with her, I feel confident that I now have the information I need to push through my previous obstacles and start seeing some results!"
- “Marisa’s virtual presentation for our company Wellness Month was highly professional, informative, and engaging. We appreciated the way she tailored the presentation to our company audience, and she demonstrated her deep knowledge of nutrition in addressing audience questions in real-time. She was a pleasure to work with and I would not hesitate to ask her to return for future events!” Erin Kuusela
- "I signed up to visit Marisa with Real Nutrition because high cholesterol runs in my family and I was ready to do something about it for me. You find so much contradicting information out there that I wanted someone who could cut through all that and just tell me straight what types of things affect cholesterol. Marisa was great with that and I left her office with a solid game plan and some valuable knowledge. In about a year I had dropped my "bad" cholesterol by 50 points by incorporating some of things we talked about in our meeting. Thank you Marisa!" ~JK
- Working with Marisa was really helpful for me. I was able to let go of my anxiety around food and body image and instead focus on establishing consistent healthy habits that help me feel good. I went from constantly worrying about my body size, my weight, and what or how much I was eating to feeling calm and peaceful and enjoying a positive, happy relationship with food. Marisa is very positive and encouraging. She helped me to make long-term changes, including establishing regular exercise routines, increasing my awareness of my body’s needs and signals, and making time for healthy eating a priority. She was great at giving me small, “do-able,” concrete assignments and then providing accountability and feedback. She also helped me evaluate what was working and not working for my body and how to set goals and make decisions based on what worked for me. She has a thoroughly sane and sensible approach to the highly-charged topics of weight loss, food and exercise. I highly recommend her. ~Karen
- "It is difficult to put into words how much Marisa has positively impacted my life. After speaking with several nutritionists, she took me in, listened to my emotional breakdowns, emailed me after hours to answer my random late-night questions, and was a consistent rock of information in my life (and still is). She knew how to speak to me in a language that I could understand and appreciate while backing it up with current, scientific studies that I needed to hear. My understanding of how nutrition fits into my life has greatly increased, as well as my physical and emotional health. Among all of these things, she was accommodating logistically, responsive, and malleable to meet my needs with scheduling and other sometimes annoying processes; she navigated these with ease. I can 100% say that not going to her would have been a great disservice to myself and she has my utmost respect and highest recommendation, always."
Our process and pledge
Congratulations! You’ve made your first step toward better health and wellness! After you’ve made an appointment, I email you an intake form that asks simple questions about your goals, usual eating patterns, and health history.
Everything we do together is tailored around your goals and needs. I coach you through the process of changing what and how you eat, but also guide you through the whys of each change. You never make a change you’re not comfortable with. We work together without guilt, judgment, or shame about food choices or body image.
We promise to guide you through nutrition changes with respect, non-judgement, and support. We honor your health history, goals, needs, lifestyle, and mental health. We never sell you supplements, oils, pills, or shakes. We keep our business free of conflict-of-interest to make sure your interests come first.
Real Nutrition accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield and PacificSource. Call your insurance provider to check if your plan covers nutrition service. Your visit may be covered at no cost to you!
Ask your insurance company:
- Do I have nutrition benefits?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits?
- Does it matter why I see the dietitian?
If an insurance claim is filed, but denied, you will be responsible for the full price of the visit.
Rates if paid at time of service:
$200: 60-minute initial intake session
$185: 60-minute follow-up coaching session
$700: Athlete package
$75: Body composition scan
Healthy Changes package (8 visits + 2 body composition scans): contact me for details
Rates if billed after time of service:
$274 60-minute initial intake session
$250 60-minute follow-up coaching session