- I'm a local runner and wanted to get advice for diet and training purposes. Did an online search for local nutritionists and found Marisa. Scheduled an appointment met up and was very happy with her presentation and care she provided. I'm currently doing much better health wise and made improvements on my recent metobolic panel blood work results during my annual physical exam. I'm also a stronger runner as a result of advice and feedback provided.
- "Marisa has been an amazing help to me in my recovery from anorexia. I am a climber and full-time route setter that had been malnourished since 2014 and my body and mind were simply breaking down. I couldn't sustain my passion for climbing, work was breaking my body down, and my life was being spent with a cloud over my head. Marisa showed me a different way to go about living. She helped me realize that proper nutrition and care for my body would help me climb stronger than ever. She has made this career of route setting sustainable for me. Most importantly, Marisa lifted that cloud that was sitting over my head for nine years." ~Nolan Pieper
- The time and resource investment that I made to work with Marisa has been life changing. When I first reached out, I had reached a bottom point where food had lost all interest or joy because I was so stressed about what to eat, when and how that would impact my body composition and athletic performance. Food had become the largest stress point and I was at my whit's end. Through working with Marisa, I have been able to completely switch that around to truly enjoying food again. Through our 1 on 1 sessions and the Intuitive Eating class, I am now in a position where I can make smart choices about what and when I eat but not let that be something that demands a large amount of my emotional and mental capacity. More importantly, I have been able to learn to accept what my body for what it can do as opposed to constantly having negative thoughts about what I want to change. It has been a truly freeing experience and I will forever be grateful! `Kirby A.
- "I did my first 10 on the moonboard today after not worrying about being too heavy for pretty much the first time since I started climbing seriously! Tried this one over the summer and could barely do any of the moves. The stuff we talked about has been helping a ton! Just wanted to thank you and let you know it's been working and just some more proof that getting lighter isn't the answer!"
- L.A."Marisa met with my son, a high school athlete, who needed support understanding what his diet needed to be in order to stay healthy, gain muscle mass and endurance, and eat for optimal performance. She thoroughly evaluated every aspect of his diet and nutrition habits, and provided a lot of resources for my son and our family. I highly recommend Marisa for athlete nutrition!" ~ L.A.
- I found Marisa Michael's nutrition workshop for dancers absolutely wonderful. She had the dancers write down a nutrition question beforehand and for her to review before the class. She was very engaged with the students and was extremely well prepared and thorough. There was involvement with the dancers from the get go so they felt it was for and about them. Ms. Michael talked about the topic of eating disorders with grace and authenticity. A difficult subject to bring up in the dance world but she handled it with great skill.I would recommend Marisa to all athletes and dancers as a go to person that really understands the nutritional needs of such active young people.~Nancy Davis, Artistic Director, The Portland Ballet
Our process and pledge
Congratulations! You’ve made your first step toward better health and wellness! After you’ve made an appointment, I email you an intake form that asks simple questions about your goals, usual eating patterns, and health history.
Everything we do together is tailored around your goals and needs. I coach you through the process of changing what and how you eat, but also guide you through the whys of each change. You never make a change you’re not comfortable with. We work together without guilt, judgment, or shame about food choices or body image.
We promise to guide you through nutrition changes with respect, non-judgement, and support. We honor your health history, goals, needs, lifestyle, and mental health. We never sell you supplements, oils, pills, or shakes. We keep our business free of conflict-of-interest to make sure your interests come first.
Real Nutrition accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield and PacificSource. Call your insurance provider to check if your plan covers nutrition service. Your visit may be covered at no cost to you!
Ask your insurance company:
- Do I have nutrition benefits?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits?
- Does it matter why I see the dietitian?
If an insurance claim is filed, but denied, you will be responsible for the full price of the visit.
Rates if paid at time of service:
$200: 60-minute initial intake session
$185: 60-minute follow-up coaching session
$700: Athlete package
$75: Body composition scan
Healthy Changes package (8 visits + 2 body composition scans): contact me for details
Rates if billed after time of service:
$274 60-minute initial intake session
$250 60-minute follow-up coaching session