Adolescent climbers’ nutrition intake and risk for eating disorders
What happens when you survey adolescent climbers to see what they eat? Me and my co-researchers analyzed these climbers’ target nutrition needs, compared it to what they actually eat, and also assessed their risk for disordered eating.
We had so many questions, like:
- Does climbing ability correlate with body weight?
- Do adolescent climbers have eating disorders?
- Does nutrition intake affect climbing ability?
- Do eating disorders affect their climbing ability?
See what we found out by reading the research! Spoiler: our adolescent climbers under-ate their estimated calorie, fat, and carbohydrate needs. And climbing ability was NOT correlated with their intake or body weight. It was correlated with how many years they had climbed, and how many hours per week they trained.
Nutrition Recommendations for Olympic-style Comp Climbing
Read my research review to find out what comp climbers can do to get a nutrition edge on their competition. Featured in Cogent Sports Medicine.
Don’t miss out! Subscribe to get our free fueling guide!
Click to see our full line of amazing online courses!
- Nutrition Beta: Indoor Climbing and Comps
- Climbing Bundle
- The Ultimate Guide to Useful Sports Supplements
- Best Beta: Climbing Nutrition for Crushers
- Ditch Diets and Become an Intuitive Eater
And be sure to follow us on Instagram!