- "I have been running on the hamster wheel since I went on my first diet at 23 years old. I've had an unhealthy body image since my teens. I constantly compared myself to every girl who was smaller, prettier and in my mind better than me. I was never fat, but I didn't know that. When my doctor (yes my actual primary care physician) gave me a diet plan and I lost 20 pounds it was exciting, and I have been chasing that high all my life. The saying that I wish I was as fat now as I was when I first thought I was fat is so true. Weight gains and losses, binges, purging, food restriction, guilt, shame...have all been my bed fellows for the past 24 years. When I found Marisa Michael it was to, yet again, find the help I needed to lose weight and master my "demon food". I never would have guessed that Marisa would change me in ways I had not expected. She introduced me to Intuitive Eating. Learning to feed myself based on feelings of hunger and fullness was something I could barely wrap my head around. You mean health and wellness isn't just a number on a scale?! What! I have learned and continue to learn to eat when I'm hungry, to stop when I am full, to eat regular meals and snacks and to choose foods that I need (sometimes want) the most. I'm no longer bingeing or purging. It still takes conscious thought and effort at times but it's easier every day. Most importantly I've learned patience with my food and I've gotten off of the diet train forever. Every time I doubted the process (and there were a few), once I met with my amazing dietician guru Marisa she continued to advise me and encourage me to continue the process and work. Each time I would follow her advice and my intuitive eating skills would grow. I would grow. I knew I was on the right track. For anyone who wants to get off the diet train and learn to love food, love themselves and live life to the fullest Marisa Michael can lead you there. I am thankful everyday that I met her." ~Angie Sauer
- I found Marisa Michael's nutrition workshop for dancers absolutely wonderful. She had the dancers write down a nutrition question beforehand and for her to review before the class. She was very engaged with the students and was extremely well prepared and thorough. There was involvement with the dancers from the get go so they felt it was for and about them. Ms. Michael talked about the topic of eating disorders with grace and authenticity. A difficult subject to bring up in the dance world but she handled it with great skill.I would recommend Marisa to all athletes and dancers as a go to person that really understands the nutritional needs of such active young people.~Nancy Davis, Artistic Director, The Portland Ballet
- Kristi T.CLIENT
"Although I exercise regularly, I struggled to "get my body back" after delivering my fourth baby. After 3 years of trying to do it on my own, I decided it was time for professional help. I had been following Marisa's Instagram feed for a while and was impressed by the reasonable, scientifically proven nutritional information she posted. I also appreciated that she is a certified personal trainer so I felt confident that her dietary advice would take into account my level of activity and physical fitness. Our consultation together was immensely helpful. She explained how to augment my eating/exercising regimen in order to reach my goals and walked me through what a realistic caloric intake should be for my personal circumstances. After consulting with her, I feel confident that I now have the information I need to push through my previous obstacles and start seeing some results!"
- L.A."Marisa met with my son, a high school athlete, who needed support understanding what his diet needed to be in order to stay healthy, gain muscle mass and endurance, and eat for optimal performance. She thoroughly evaluated every aspect of his diet and nutrition habits, and provided a lot of resources for my son and our family. I highly recommend Marisa for athlete nutrition!" ~ L.A.
- D.S."I would highly recommend Marisa Michael from Real Nutrition. I have been a client of hers for almost 2 months at weekly visits due to my needs! She has been so helpful for me to learn things about myself and my nutrition habits and how to work on correcting them. I have seen many other nutritionists, but none have been as hands-on as I was wanting until I found Marisa. She is very knowledgable and patient with me. She goes the extra mile when it comes to her clients' health and nutritional needs. I am so happy and lucky I have her to help me with my nutritional goals. She is the best nutritionist I have ever seen and would recommend her to anyone who is needing nutritional advice, help, or guidance." ~D.S.
- “Marisa’s virtual presentation for our company Wellness Month was highly professional, informative, and engaging. We appreciated the way she tailored the presentation to our company audience, and she demonstrated her deep knowledge of nutrition in addressing audience questions in real-time. She was a pleasure to work with and I would not hesitate to ask her to return for future events!” Erin Kuusela
Our process and pledge
Congratulations! You’ve made your first step toward better health and wellness! After you’ve made an appointment, I email you an intake form that asks simple questions about your goals, usual eating patterns, and health history.
Everything we do together is tailored around your goals and needs. I coach you through the process of changing what and how you eat, but also guide you through the whys of each change. You never make a change you’re not comfortable with. We work together without guilt, judgment, or shame about food choices or body image.
We promise to guide you through nutrition changes with respect, non-judgement, and support. We honor your health history, goals, needs, lifestyle, and mental health. We never sell you supplements, oils, pills, or shakes. We keep our business free of conflict-of-interest to make sure your interests come first.
Real Nutrition accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield and PacificSource. Call your insurance provider to check if your plan covers nutrition service. Your visit may be covered at no cost to you!
Ask your insurance company:
- Do I have nutrition benefits?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits?
- Does it matter why I see the dietitian?
If an insurance claim is filed, but denied, you will be responsible for the full price of the visit.
Rates if paid at time of service:
$200: 60-minute initial intake session
$185: 60-minute follow-up coaching session
$700: Athlete package
$75: Body composition scan
Healthy Changes package (8 visits + 2 body composition scans): contact me for details
Rates if billed after time of service:
$274 60-minute initial intake session
$250 60-minute follow-up coaching session